Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bearish Outlook on BAC, C, KEY, PNC, STT

Outlook for BAC, C, KEY, STT, PNC

The selection of the five banking firms below is based on the following supportive data as well as both their short and longer-term price and earnings performance. I expect these companies to have improved earnings, but I do not have the confidence, price-wise to take new bullish positions.

For guidance, I normally compare most all securities with Apple (AAPL). When the securities get close (in my three disciplines) I buy them confidently. Those disciplines are my weighted fundamental, technical and consensus analysis. I also have just two categories of investments. These are a mix of “Bellwether” and “High Profile" companies and are rated and compared below with brief comments.

The market is doing what it loves to do

Lately, that means it is both fundamentally and technically very fickle. What many investors often forget is that what appears to be a fact is, in reality, very creative fiction. The fictional stories being told by Wall Street and the media are so compelling that the average investor takes the hook, line and sinker most every time. That’s a fact and, for me, it is a very sad commentary.

Rest of Story ...

No comments: