Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Comcast (Nasdaq:CMCSA), Time Warner (NYSE:TWX) Sign "TV Everywhere" Streaming Deal

Comcast (Nasdaq:CMCSA) and Time Warner (NYSE:TWX) have entered a partnership which will allow Comcast to stream video content from Time Warner onto the device of their choosing.

Included in the deal are all content Time Warner produces, which play on channels like Adults Swim, CNN, HLN, TBS and TNT, among others.

Users will be able to access the content very soon via Comcast on Demand, websites owned by Turner, and XfinityTV.com. Later in 2011, video from Time Warner will be made available on Apple's (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPad and iPhone, as well as devices using Android.

Time Warner closed Tuesday at $32.31, gaining $0.86, or 2.73 percent. Comcast closed at $23.40, up $0.65, or 2.86 percent.

1 comment:

mike_dish said...

This is why I am glad to be a customer and employee of DISH Network. I don't have to wait for DISH to work out a deal with Time Warner as I can already watch all the live TV and my DVR recordings that I subscribe to on my phone, Galaxy Tab or laptop when I'm away from home thanks to my ViP 722k HD DVR and Sling Adapter. It's all about the convenience factor. If this is what you're looking for then you should check DISH out.